Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Monday 1 May 2017

Last Chance

Does there exist destiny
Do I believe in fate
You seem like such a mystery
I wish there was no last date




I hold a cigarette nervously in my child like hands, twirling it and then putting it softly to my lips, taking a drag, and suddenly I am lost in a haze. I wonder if she will be there today. Its been a few months since the first time I set my eyes on Aisha, and it was love at first sight. Her name made me always come up with the the song in my mind, 'Comme si je ne existe pas .... Aisha Aisha Ecoute Mois, Aisha, Aisha regardez moi'.



As a consequence, I find myself constantly debating over the various kinds of love between man and woman with friends, not sure whether what I feel for her is puppy love, infatuation, some sort of insatiable lust or platonic love. The more I think of it, the more I am starting to believe that it is a mixture of all of the above and that my heart at times sings various tunes at the sight of Aisha. I peer into the distance and make out the faint outline of the city bus coming in this direction. Its the number 10 heading towards M.G Road. I wonder if she is on the bus already. Its interesing that she finds it her business to take the bus at two stops, either at the Arekere stop, arekere meaning the pond in kannada the local language in Bangalore, or at the Jaynagar 4th Block. I guess she must be having family at both the places and staying there at alternate days. In my haste to catch a glimpse of her, I do an action movie style jump on to the bus, nearly killing myself in the ensuing debacle. I land with my nose almost missing the bus windows opposite the bus entrance. To my dismay, she is not on the bus. Even though, there are seats vacant, I choose to stand close to the entrance in order to prolong the time that she spends in front of my eyes, in case she decides to get on the bus at Jayangar 4th Block.



As the bus turned around the corner towards Jayanagar 4th block, my heart skipped a beat, there she was wearing a hat and a frock waiting with a bag at the bus stop. I almost jumped out of joy right out of the bus, and had to grab a hold of the railing to prevent myself from falling over. I have yet not come up with an excuse to start a conversation with her, but I make up my mind that today is going to be that day when I at least managed to get a hello with her.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Heaven

H e l l o M e l o d y