Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Monday 1 May 2017

Precious

If I had to take one thing
To heaven with me
Its you I would bring
Who else could it be



"Wake up presh, rise and shine", I heard dad's voice in my slumber, and much to my chagrin, I just remembered that it was Monday. I am Priscilla, and my dad calls me Presh, short for Precious lovingly.

He takes me and cuddles up with me before settling down in his rocking chair and putting me on his belly.  He nudges me playfully with his beard and it feels so ticklish, I get my wake up call. I open my eyes lazily, rubbing my eyes gleefully and say to him, "Oh, dad, can I sleep for another 15 minutes. The sun is not completely out yet, is it"?



He quickly quietens all my opposition with a firm voice, "No missy. Get your lazy butt off my belly immediately. Its school time and I don't want you to miss the school bus. And today is your big day, you are going to leave for your aunt's place remember". 


Dad was a single father, even since mother passed away and was having a tough time raising me and putting me through school. One of his friends had suggested that he put me at a boarding school, and since one of my aunts had a bungalow in a hill station where there was a fine residential school for girls, it was decided that I move to my aunt's place and continue my studies until I was grown up enough to take care of myself. It was hard on Dad to make the decision but he had to agree, since he felt guilty of not being able to take care of me as much as he would have liked to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heaven

H e l l o M e l o d y