Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Monday 1 May 2017

The beat of my heart

The world is quiet asleep
I can hear your heart beat
My heart skips one or two
Knowing all I know of you


I still remember that night, it was friday, kickstarting the weekend, three of us from the office, Sameer, I and Ira decided to hit the new discotheque in town - cloud nine. It was simmering outside and waiting in the long queue of people outside the club I noticed a really pretty girl in front of me.



 She had the face that could make supermodels envious, and it did not help that she had kept her hair loose and let it fall over her pretty body. She was hep, wearing a skin tight stretch jeans that accentuated her curves, and a spaghetti strap top that left just enough for imagination. She was wearing a light pink rouge on her lips, and had mascara on her eyelashes, and kohl under her eyes. To put it sweetly, she looked like she had descended from the clouds and was not one of us. I made it a point to get close to her on the dance floor. In the meanwhile, the doors opened and the queue seemed to inch forward at an excruciatingly slow pace towards the entrance. We made it past the bouncers after showing our passes. The music and the lights hit us hard in our chests, ricochetting off right back in the mass of mangled bodies on the dance floor.


I had lost sight of her, and decided to get a couple of drinks which were on the coupon. I ordered whiskey sour for myself and Sameer and cosmopolitan for Ira. As I was turning around, I ran into a girl, and to my utter disbelief it was the pretty girl. I had spilled my drink on her, and once I managed to shake off my embarrasment, I offered an awkward apology to her, "Sorry. Let me get a tissue for you". I ran towards Ira to borrow a tissue, but by the time I managed to get back to the counter, she had left. I spotted her again bang in the middle of the disc shaking her stuff like a freak. I could not take my eyes off her, and her dancing did not help at all. I somehow managed to get Sameer and Ira, who were by now deep in the groove, towards the center of the disc, closer to the object of my affection. I began shaking a leg to the music, every now and then inching close to the lady. But somehow, she managed to move away whenever I seemed to get close.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heaven

H e l l o M e l o d y